Powered by Blogger.

My Happy Place

Hi friends!  Happy Friday!  Friday means it's time for a new sketch challenge over at Viva la Verve, and this week Stacey is our hostess with the mostess.  I love the possibilities of her sketch.


I started with a little ATC sized white panel and sponged some distress paint on over a Memory Box stencil.  Once this dried, I layered the dot fade Tim Holtz stencil over this and sponged with fossilized amber and then with walnut stain.  I added some black soot around the edges and then wiped off and repeated.  Next I stamped the sentiment from Happy Place on white cardstock and cut out.  The flags are a couple of paper clip embellishments from my stash and I decided to add a hint of washi to my sentiment panel to tie in the orange in one of the flags.

For embellishment, I looped some linen thread around the panel, added a silver heart and finished off with a mini library clip.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a fabulous start to the long weekend.  And if you're in the mood to shop, be sure to head over to Verve and use gift code MEM25 for 25% off your purchase now through May 26!

Viva la Verve May Week 4
Enabler's List
Stamps: Happy Place (Verve Stamps)
Paper: white, black
Ink: tumbled glass, peacock feathers, peeled paint, fossilized amber, walnut stain, black soot (Ranger Distress inks & paints), black archival
Accessories: butterfly vine stencil (Memory Box), dot fade stencil (Tim Holtz Alterations), washi tape, paper clip embellishments, silver heart, mini library clip, linen thread, Chicken Wire embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

3 comments

JoAnn said...

Pretty card and a great sketch.

Petra Swart said...

Beautiful, Julee!!! Love it!!!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card, Julee. I loved this card so much I CASEd it to create a birthday card for my granddaughter ... the resulting card does look quite different from yours though :) Elizabeth